Lancelot Pienne Table Ronde Grand Cru Extra Brut NV

Lancelot Pienne Table Ronde Grand Cru Extra Brut NV

Regular price
£42.00
Sale price
£42.00
Tax included.
Quantity must be 1 or more

QUICK FACTS

Champagne, France
Cramant, Cote des Blancs
100% Chardonnay
Extra Brut (Very Dry)

DESCRIPTION

Borrowing the name from the Arthurian legend, Lancelot-Pienne is based in Cramant, one of the most celebrated Grand Cru Villages in the Côte de Blancs. With just 8 hectares, Gilles Lancelot, himself a trained oenologist, dedicates his days to the vineyard and cellar. Favouring low dosage, relatively late harvests and the extremely interesting, albeit slightly risky, use of the Solera system for ageing and blending his top cuvées.

This Extra Brut Grand Cru blend is made from 80% of the fantastic 2008 vintage with exceptional fruit purity and intensity. The remaining 20% of the blend comes from older vintages stored under the ‘solera’ method, maintaining a complexity and texture that lends an incredibly rich mouthfeel. Notes of gingerbread, brioche and buttery fruits are complimented with a mineral and very dry finish. 3.5 g/L sugar.

Perfect serving with seafood, cheese or as an aperitif.